Fancy a fruity treat?For a simple and quick dessert, Scotch whisky is perfect for adding a delicious flavour to this pear crumble.
For 4 people.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 well-ripened pears
- 100g flour
- 50g brown sugar
- 100g churned butter
- 6 slices of gingerbread
- 5 cl whisky
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and evenly grease a baking dish.
- Peel the pears, remove the pips and cut into equal-sized pieces. Place the pears in a frying pan with 50g butter, then pour over the whisky.
- Lightly toast the slices of gingerbread and roughly crush them.
- In a large mixing bowl, progressively add the flour, sugar, and softened butter cut into cubes. Next, add the gingerbread crumbs. Gently knead the mixture with your hands to obtain a grainy mixture.
- Place the cooked pears into the dish, along with the juices, in order to preserve all the aromas. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit, making sure they’re completely covered.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- As an extra treat, serve this dessert with a scoop of Bourbon vanilla ice cream.