Scotch whisky and Scottish salmon go perfectly together.The subtle woody flavours of the whisky go hand in hand with the smooth salmon. Lightly perfumed, this mousse will take you on a journey through the Highlands.
For 4 people.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Resting time: minimum 4 hours
400 g pink Scottish salmon, cooked and cooled
200g crème fraîche
3 tbsp whisky
a few sprigs of dill (10 g)
- Add the salmon, squeezed lemon juice, 30g of crème fraîche and the whisky into a blender. Mix slowly until a nice purée is obtained. Put to one side.
- Thoroughly whip the rest of the cream, add salt and pepper. The mixture should be generous and firm.
- In a large bowl, carefully combine the two mixtures, making sure the mixture remains firm.
- Wash and finely chop the dill then add it to the mousse to give it a delicious aniseed flavour.
- Keep in the fridge for at least four hours, to make sure that your salmon mousse is nice and creamy.