For an original touch and a variety of flavours, flambé your chicken with whisky. This characterful drink will add notes of vanilla and caramel which are delicious with this tasty white meat.
For 4 people.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
4 large free-range chicken legs
15 cl whisky
30g churned butter
40 cl crème fraîche
1 tbsp flat parsley, chopped
salt and ground pepper
- Fry the chicken legs slowly with butter in a heavy-bottom casserole dish until brown.
- Pour the whisky over the chicken legs and light the alcohol to flambé the meat. Add salt and pepper. Cover and leave to simmer for around 20 minutes.
- In a pan, carefully sweat the chopped shallots. Add the parsley and the crème fraîche and leave to simmer for 10 minutes, making sure it doesn’t stick.
- In the casserole dish, add the sauce to your chicken legs and heat for a few minutes.
- Serve with small oven-baked potatoes.