Fancy spicing up your pasta dishes?Try this tagliatelle pasta with scallops flambéed in whisky. The aromas of the whisky gently enhance the saltiness of the scallops; a dish which is full of flavour and easy to prepare.
For 4 people.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
500g fresh tagliatelle pasta
1 knob churned butter
1/2 glass of whisky
salt, ground pepper
- Fill a pan with water and a pinch of salt for the pasta, bring to the boil.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots. Using a frying pan, fry the shallots in the butter.
- Add the scallops, and fry until brown for 2-5 minutes depending on the size. Make sure they remain soft.
- Meanwhile, add the fresh pasta to the boiling water.
- Remove the frying pan from heat, add the whisky and light the alcohol to flambé the scallops, then leave them to simmer on a low heat.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil to obtain a creamy texture.
- Add salt and pepper according to taste and finally, lightly sprinkle the nutmeg.
- Serve the scallops in the hot sauce, pour over the tagliatelle pasta after draining.